Thievery is a stackable bonus that adds value to a rogue's disable traps and open locks skill checks. If HoN is anything like other D&D games, the skill checks work more or less like this:
- DEX related base value + total thievery bonus VS trap or lock difficulty class (DC).
The higher your DEX, the likelier it is to successfully disable a trap or unlock a lock. The reason we mention "DEX-related" is that it is unclear which DEX value is taken into account in HoN to determine the base skill check value (DEX ability score? modifier? etc.) . What we do know is that the character's cumulative thievery bonus adds to the DEX-related value.
Equipment, Consumables & Powers To UseEdit
At level 10, the maximum thievery bonus your rogue can obtain during an encounter is +31. To maximize your stackable thievery bonus, here are the items/powers you need to equip or use:
- Helm: Trapmaster's Hood (+5)
- Armor: Any; no armor pieces give thievery bonuses.
- Weapon: +3 Burglar's Dagger (+3)
- Offhand: Rogue's Gloves (+5)
- Crossbow: Any; there aren't any crossbows with a thievery bonus.
- Ring: Assassin's Ring or Abyssal Stone Ring (+3)
- Consumable: Potion of Black Cat's Grace (+10)
- Powers: Trapsmith (+5)
Here is a list of items offering a thievery bonus. Use the table below to search for items according to the slot they occupy (or the bonus a consumable offers) and your character's level.
|Item Type||Item Name||Level||Bonus Value|
All items (24)